Wednesday, November 26, 2014

8:27 PM

Fate was a friend.

He brought me to you,
he opened my heart and let you in.
He unlocked parts of me I never knew existed,
he gave the key to you and I never saw it again.
He made me share with you
every secret, every smile, every tear,
I only wanted to experience life with you.
He gave me days with you, days that turned into weeks,
weeks into months. Now it's been years.
Somewhere in between, he took you from me.
I say, it's unfair for him to take back a gift.
But I'm sure he'd say, you were not a gift but a lesson.
He'd say that he brought me to you,
to teach me that love is just as cruel as it is kind
to teach me that gold is as degradable as it is valuable.
He brought me to you
to teach me not to trust him so much.

You made Fate an enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment