Saturday, July 4, 2015

Freedom and selfishness.

48 more days.

48 more days until we are separated by hundreds of miles that can only be combated through a quarter of a day on the bus or train or by a plane ticket worth just as many hours of work.
Yet here I am, anticipating the freedom. Not the freedom from you - no, I will never want that distance between us.
I am anticipating the distance from all the restrictions that bound us to all that we can do, the limits that only bring anxiety and disappointment, all of which fall upon my two jaded shoulders.
I am anticipating the days where the limits and restrictions will not come from me and my circumstances, but solely by time and distance.
I'm not saying it will be easier for the both of us, but I am saying that it will definitely lift a lot of weight from my heart and mind.

It is so selfish of me to be excited for the school year. I know that. It's hard to understand myself; I don't expect you to. I just can't wait for the freedom. (Fitting right, it's July 4th)

No comments:

Post a Comment